- IEACCC staff will run the MEC14 conference in Vietnam
- Dr Andrew Minchener participated in the 9th International Symposium on Clean Coal Utilisation, which is being organised by Tsinghua University and will take place in Qiangdao, China, to be followed by review meetings with our two Chinese sponsors
- IEACCC staff ran the CCT2019 Conference in Houston, Texas, USA
- Mr Toby Lockwood lectured at the 7th International Sulcis CCS Summer School in Carbonia, Italy
- Dr Andrew Minchener and Mr Toby Lockwood met Mr Anthony Ku, Head of the China Energy National Institute for Clean Energy, at IEACCC to discuss benchmarking of HELE coal power plant
- Dr Andrew Minchener and Ms Anne Carpenter organised and attended a CoalTech2051 project workshop in Katowice, Poland as part of the dissemination and knowledge transfer activities
- Dr Qian Zhu attended the 9th World PetroCoal Congress in New Delhi, India as part of her outreach work, where she gave presentations and made contact with key figures in the industry in India
- Dr Lesley Sloss ran a training course in Bogota, Columbia as part of her UNEP outreach project.
- CoalTech2051 Workgroup Meeting in Brussels, Belgium attended by Ms Anne Carpenter.
- Dr Andrew Minchener met with WCA staff to review issues of mutual interest
- Dr Lesley Sloss attended the IEFA Energy Trilemma Meeting in Milan, Italy as part of her research.
- Debo Adams attended COP24 and presented at Energy24 in Katowice, Poland
- Dr Minchener took part in the UK-China CCUS cooperation meeting held at University of Edinburgh
- Dr Andrew Minchener took part in the IEA Working Party on Fossil Fuels meeting, which was held in Paris, France
- Dr Qian Zhu attended the World Coal Association CCUS Forum as part of her outreach work. She met with the President and Secretary General of China National Coal Group and representatives from China Energy and others
- Mr Toby Lockwood and Dr Andrew Minchener presented the IEA CCC contract report on CCUS retrofits in China to the CIAB in Paris.
- Mr Toby Lockwood, Dr Andrew Minchener, Dr Lesley Sloss and Dr Qian Zhu attended the “Accelerating CCUS” summit and conference in Edinburgh to gain further knowledge. Toby then prepared an article that was published in Modern Power Systems.
- Ms Xing Zhang presented at the 35th Annual International Pittsburgh Coal Conference, Xuzhuo, China
- Dr Sloss attended the COP2 Minimata Convention in Geneva Switzerland as part of her UNEP work.
- Toby Lockwood attended the IEAGHG GHGT-14 conference in Melbourne, Australia as part of a data gathering project on CCUS retrofits in China.
- Dr Andrew Minchener and Ms Anne Carpenter attended a CoalTech 2051 workshop in Athens, Greece. They presented on coal R&D roadmaps in Japan and the USA as well as gathering research material for on-going reports and projects.