Do you have a project or technology that could result in efficiency improvements,
improved resource utilisation or reduction of waste and emissions? If so, read on:
About the opportunity
Loy Yang B is a 1100MW brown coal fired power station located in Victoria’s Latrobe Valley seeking partnerships with
suitably qualified organisations on research and development projects to improve the operational performance of
our power station in one or more of the following areas:
• Greenhouse emission reduction;
• Efficiency improvements and optimisation in combustion and electrical generation;
• Reduction in emissions (air, waste and water);
• Improved resource (coal, water, heat, combustion by-products) utilisation or value add improvements.
This opportunity consists of two sub-programs:
• The Advancing Innovation Program will identify project partners to participate in cooperative initiatives so that
infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between Loy Yang B and project partners;
• The Innovation Development Fund makes funding available to support suitable projects that improve the
operational performance of Loy Yang B.
You’ll need to
• Understand guidelines and meet the criteria: Eligible projects should aim to achieve a transformative ‘step change’,
speeding the emergence of innovations that significantly improve outcomes in one or more of the areas listed
above. Projects must meet the program eligibility criteria;
• Complete an expression of interest (EOI): Successful applicants at the EOI stage will be invited to submit a detailed
Find out more and apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for your organisation, we invite you to find out more about our program, including guidelines, eligibility criteria and how to apply. Visit our website www.loyyangb.com.au/research-and-development.php.
If you still have questions about the process after reading the information on our website, contact us at [email protected]
Download Research & development opportunity document here.
Download Expression of interest details here.